Below are the three whole-house chemical-free technologies available for oxidizing dissolved minerals and treating water on Whidbey.
The oxygen system is salt-free and eliminates iron, manganese, sulfur, hardness, and even arsenic — all the problems we have here on the island — for the lowest long-term price and the least maintenance.
|Minimum flow rate required||5 gpm||8 gpm||10 gpm|
|Basic equipment price||$2200||$5495||$6495|
|Number of tanks||1||2||3-4|
|No chlorine or bromine||X||X||X|
|Kills & removes iron bacteria||+$300||X||X|
|No check valves to replace||X||X|
|No pump to rebuild||X||X|
|Removes arsenic||(add an arsenic tank)||X|
|Removes hardness (no salt)||(add a water softener)||X|
|Adjusts pH||(ad a pH stabilizer)||X|
These prices are strictly the cost of the equipment.
Add to these prices the cost of shipping, plumbing parts, installation labor, and tax. For total costs, see below.
Three Effective Water Treatment Options
There are several ways to remove iron and other undesirable elements from water. Details are available at http://www.EnviroAlternatives.com.
- Green sand and straight filtration methods are semi-effective, but do not remove everything 100%, and they will not kill iron bacteria.
- Chlorine and other forms of chemical injection work, but involve the use, handling and purchase of toxic chemicals.
- Aeration alone can be effective, but the percentage of oxygen in air is small. Aeration with the addition of ozone is significantly more effective; this is the method used with the iron breaker.
- Ozone is highly effective, and a pure ozone system will remove chemicals, minerals, sulfur smells, and will kill iron bacteria. (Additional systems cost extra, such as treatment for tannin, hardness, pH, arsenic, silica, etc.)
- Oxygen systems are by far the most effective; the EcoSmarte oxygen system will remove everything at the lowest long-term cost and with the least amount of on-going maintenance. (Any additional systems required are included at no extra cost.)
THIS MONTH SPECIAL:
Ozone System for $6666 and Oxygen System for $7777
|Iron Breaker system (>5 gpm)||$2200 (1 tank)|
|OZONE PURE SYSTEM
|Complete Ozone System (>8 gpm)||$5400 (2 tanks)|
|ECOSMARTE OXYGEN SYSTEM||Prices|
|Ecosmarte Oxygen System (>10 gpm)||$6495 (3 tanks)|
|(If under 10 gpm)||(Add 300 gal. tank + booster pump: $700)|